Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Inefficiency...

I received a call yesterday, from Toowong library....
"Hi, I'm calling from Toowong library. The book you borrowed on fishing just came in the chute today and the transparent cover, which has the bar code on it, is missing. Do you have the cover with you?"
I was thinking....WTF???????

Firstly, i borrowed those library books during my holiday in June and returned them exactly on the due date, which was 28 days after i borrowed them.
SO how is it possible for you to receive it only yesterday???

Secondly, I ask her to check the records again, and she told me she can't cause it is not overdue yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Excuse me, I borrowed those books in June and its October now and you say it is not overdue yet?? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I ask if its possible that they've got two of the exact same book and they've mistaken me as the borrower of the second book? They claim that they only got one of that book....damn it...
I ask Jason if he's seen any transparent cover..."No, we had returned everything in the exact condition as we've borrowed the books."
(Jason is getting real mad at the person talking to me now; how can she just call and question me without checking the system properly? It is so obvious that there is something wrong with their system!)

After minutes of talking and insisting that I'd returned everything in original condition months ago, she suddenly says, "it's ok, thanks...".

Hello...i think you owe me an apology for questioning me when its your mistake. I don't care whether its the system fault or you overlooked something, or otherwise, I don't appreciate getting calls from people to question me and hang up before clarifying things and apologising.

Luckily she talked to me in a calm manner, if it is otherwise, I do not care who you are, whether I am a minority in your country or vice versa, you will get it from me...

......................................................................................................

Another matter....It's regarding my unit enrolments for my 3rd and 4th semesters. I've sent out so many emails and i only receive 4 replies out of the 8 emails sent.

Anyway, i called up one of my course coordinator and met up with him yesterday to clarify things. But i still got ONE question pending from the faculty of business. It is a simple question and I need their answer in order to proceed with my enrolment!!!!!

Why can't they reply me?? I've sent 2 emails to the unit coordinator since last week and to date, no reply...now i'm trying to send an email to the Director Undergraduate Studies in business faculty but the stupid server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just my luck...WHY...haiz...

Odd Spot: "50,000 cells in your body will have died and been replaced by new cells while you have been reading this sentence."

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 1:30 PM



0Comments

Post a Comment

Index