Friday, January 06, 2006

TGIF!!!

*PHEW*
The weekend is here at last!!!
The past two days felt like weeks to me...
I was buried in piles and piles of paper work.

No, not removing staples.
It was something else.
Anyway, I was slaving myself away,
working doggedly,
when sally came up to me and told me that
I have to finish 4 boxes per day!!!

That was totally impossible!!
The hardworking me,
(to the point that i only go to the toilet when I really really need to go)
only managed to finish 2 boxes at the end of the day.

Then she reminded me about the target again.
I looked at her and asked her,
"Have you done this before?"
(thinking she might have done 4boxes in a day before, hoping to get some tips)
then she gave me her famous cheeky grin and said,
"no..."

*bish*


Haiz...
That's the common problem in most companies.
People of higher rank always 'overestimate' workers of lower rank,
working speed especially,
hence setting targets at too high a level.


I used to work in this XXX company.
They expect their workers to work to the point of no return.
For example, the set their daily target so high
that in order for one to hit the target,
he/she needs to talk like a machine gun,
and hangs up before the customer even got the chance to say bye.

That is so rude.
We ended up with tons of complains about rudeness,
thereby wasting time listening to customer's complains,
threats, then try to calm them down and apologise.
How pathetic...

Worst still,
with that target,
some employees even refuse to go to the toilet until lunch time,
then they will have a quick 30mins lunch and resume working.
Unless there is really a need for them to visit the toilet,
they will walk there so quickly (almost running),
and come back in record time.
Why?
Because as long as they are not working,
also known as idle time, is recorded.
If they are gone for too long,
they will be questioned.

{No, i'm not one of those who will torture myself just to hit the target}

I seriously think that all employees should exchange jobs for a couple of days,
in order for all to have a better understanding of each other's job,
and not take things for granted.

Employees or employers should respect each other,
understand that we are humans, not robots,
and set goals that are achievable,
without the need to torture oneself...

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 11:14 PM



0Comments

Post a Comment

Index