Thursday, July 27, 2006

I have a monotonous life...

It's been a while since I've blog.
There don't seem much in my life to blog anyway.
Its just school, study, eat, projects, assignments, tv, research, cook, clean, sleep....
Monotonous life I've got here.
I'll be going to school with Jason to do my research while he attend class later.


Oh,
I've just finished reading a book:
The Mango Season by Amulya Malladi.
It's a relatively thin book but a pleasure to read.
I quite like it.
It's mainly about the conservative traditional Indian parents who want their children to go through arranged marriage and how their daughter struggled to find a life of their own.
It's kind of barbaric to force your daughter into marrige with a man she knows only for a few minutes.
Freaks me out.
No offence to all Indians out there,
but i'm glad i'm not one.


Next up:
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
This is a must read book with a controversial subject.
Just by reading at the book description,
it makes me wonder if its fair or even ethical to give birth to a daughter just to save another??
Makes me ponder if I'll do the same thing...


Hope i have the time to read that book.

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 10:46 AM



0Comments

Post a Comment

Index