Thursday, August 03, 2006

Possums..

Jason and I were walking to the carpark after his class today,
and we went through the park as a shortcut.
Then i caught a glimpse of a possum on the grass.
I started to make some sound to attract it's attention.
I was expecting it to run away,
(all the possums i've come across so far will keep a distance away from human)
but it walked towards me!!
So cute!!!!
It sniffed at our toes and looked at us with its round innocent eyes.
Awww...
Then out of nowhere,
came another possum, a bigger one, sitting right beside us,
in a position like the 'lucky cat'
(the cat ornament with one paw up)
AAWWWWW.......
It looked at us as if asking us for food.
The bigger one then stood up and put it's paws on my leg once i opened my bag
(the way dogs do usually)
and i fed them my muesli bar.
The bigger possum took its share of the muesli bar and ran off,
but the small one was much cuter.
It took the food gently and nimble right in front of me.
ARRGGGHHHH!!!!
I've always wanted to take a photo of a possum.
But i always don't have the camera with me when i see one.


Here's how a possum looks like.
Cute right!!
They're like the combination of squirrels and ferrets.


Source:
- www.istockphoto.com
-http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws.nsf/Content/The+brush-tailed+possum

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 11:03 PM



0Comments

Post a Comment

Index