Monday, November 06, 2006

do you look when you eat???

We went out to chinatown for a late dinner last night.
And ordered their yummy congee to take away
(because they slash the congee's price to less than half after 10pm).
I ordered their chicken congee and Jason ordered beef.
He ate his congee as supper last night
and i just heated mine up for brunch...now.
I was stirring through the congee and was about to eat when i saw something...


Found them in my congee and not too sure what are they.

I tend to look at my food when i eat.

That's why i've found many things in my food before.

There was once...huh..what?

Can't see the 'insects' properly?

ok...

Here's a better one.


They looked pretty much like baby cockroaches to me,

with feelers and all.

Found 3 in total and can't bring myself to continue to look for more.

Jason ate his congee last night.

I wonder if he consumed any cockroaches *puke*

Back to my examples of other occasions where i see 'things' in my food.

Many many years ago,

in Singapore,

i ordered prawn noodle soup.

(p/s: The soup's dark in color)

Ate happily and finished everything.

Was enjoying the soup towards the end and...

taaadaaaaa....

i saw a huge cockroach leg at the bottom of the bowl.

-_-"

A couple of years ago (well...almost),

in Brizzie,

also in chinatown but another eating place,

i ordered their noodle soup.

They have the usual - meat, vegetables and noodles (duhhh).

I ate and ate and ate and ate.

I was about to bit into a chunk of bok choi when i saw something,

some...thing...between the layers of bok choi.

Some...........thing....white.....and.....fat.....and....big...

It's a worm.

I've never seen a white vegetable worm before,

not to mention the size of it.

I nearly puke.

Called the waiter and he went -_-"

He called the chief out the showed the him the worm.

I told him i don't want a replacement,

because

1. i ate 2/3 of the food already

2. can't bring myself to eat after the sight of the worm in my food.

So all the chief said to the waiter was,

"you know what to do right?

don't charge her for the bowl of noodles but charge her for the rest (which is a pathetic cup of hot chinese tea)"

No apologies, no look of guilt, no nothing...

Well...that was the last time i eat at that place.

There's so many other encounters with 'things' in my food.

Can't remember them all.

Hope i didn't spoil anyone's appetite LOL

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 4:13 PM



0Comments

Post a Comment

Index