Monday, July 02, 2007

Singapore Trip - Part 1


I've been going out everyday since the day i came back.

Day 1:

Met up with Sally at Takashimaya to get Caden's birthday present.

Then dinner with Satesh at Changi Village.



This is an Indonesian dish cooked by Malays.

It's called Nasi Penyet.


The chicken is marinated with herbs and spices and deep fried.

Nice!

I love the chilli.

Slightly sweet but spicy...yummyyy....


Hahahaha he's happy with his food.


Day 2:

Jason and I went to Parkway Parade Shopping Center for lunch.

Wanted to eat at Yoshinoya but they closed down.

:(

So we settled for Ajisen Ramen.


Whoa....best ramen in Singapore it states...

We've never tried it before.

We stepped in and someone greeted us with a smile.

Then the Chinese waitress shouted some Japanese words as she brought us to our table and it sounded really...erm...weird.

I don't understand what she said but i'm guessing it means either 'welcome' or 'incoming customers'.

LOL

It wasn't that crowded but it took them a while to tend to our table.

I order their lunch special which consist of their normal ramen and a side dish.


Their noodles are quite 'bouncy' and smooth.

The soup was alright.

Can't say it's mouth-watering delicious.




I selected the fried toufu as my side dish.

It wasn't crispy on the outside and was only warm in the inside.

Bad.


This is Jason's Teriyaki chicken ramen.

He said it was 'not-bad'.

Again,

can't say it was mouth-watering delicious.

He ordered a side dish too.


Salmon sushi...

The rice has a strong vinegar taste but it wasn't to the point of being sour.

The salmon wasn't melt-in-the-mouth fresh.

But it was alright.

And the rice 'broke' once we picked it up with our chopsticks.

A good sushi is not suppose to break when you pick it up.

*sigh...*

And I thought the price is a tad too expensive.

Will not go back again...

Then we head to the travel agency to book my return air ticket.

The travel agent said all flights to Australia are fully booked till August!!

And Uni reopens on 23rd July!!!!!!!

*faints*

Anyway,

everything has been sorted out now.

Managed to get a ticket back to Brizzie just in time for Uni at a resonable price.

*phew*

Then it's dental time...


Hate the sound of those dental equipments.

But i like our dentist, Dr Lee Fen Fen (not sure if i spelled it right).

She's really nice and friendly and talks to me to make me feel comfortable.




I did a normal dental check-up and cleaning while Jason did porcelain veneers for his 2 front teeth.

I want them too!!!

I want to close up the gap between my 2 front teeth.

:(

After hours at the dentist,

we went Changi Village (again) to eat Nasi Lemak!!


The rice is very fragrant as it is cooked in coconut cream and pandan leaves.

Most importantly,

the chilli...oooooo....love love love the chilli!!!!!!!

YUM!

I had it with some anchovies, egg and fried chicken.

Since Jason can't chew properly yet,

he ate Jui Kueh (rice cakes with preserved radish topping) instead.



It's not good.

I've tasted much better Jui Kueh.

And to wash down all these food,

we ordered sugarcane juice.



I'm so disappointed with it.

It's obvious that the hawker diluted it with water.

It's not sweet and only has a hint of sugarcane taste.

BADBADBAD!!!

Hate hawkers who 'cheat' by diluting their drinks with water.

Gggrrrrr...

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 12:14 AM



2Comments

Post a Comment

Index