Monday, September 10, 2007

reflections part 1


It has never being easy studying here.
Everyone thinks it’s ‘a walk in the park’.
Even my Dad felt coming over here is like taking a long holiday.
It saddens me.
Quoting from a guy I recently got to know,
“before coming over here, everyone told me it’s gonna be easy.
But it’s the total opposite.”
I agreed.
It was never easy.
Having to handle everything myself.
From familiarizing the roads, Uni and accent to groceries shopping & bills to being discriminated to…you name it.
It felt like growing up again.
Growing up in a whole new world,
With a whole different culture.
Not knowing anyone but only Jason.
Thank god I have Jason by my side.
And I’m not one who approaches strangers and say ‘hi’ to begin with.
Surrounded by unknown faces.
I missed my family.
They who are not devious or pretentious.
They who know me and love me for whom I am.
I missed Tinky, my baby.
Those big round ‘puppy eyes’ and wet loving licks of hers.
She who may not talk human,
But quietly comforts me by staying by my side and loving me unconditionally.
I missed all my friends.
Friends who understand me.
Friends who appreciate me.
Friends who speak the same ‘language’ as me.
I felt so relieved to know Clarence was coming to Brisbane.
A familiar face at last.
True, I got to know new people here.
People from all round the world.
People of all race and religion.
People with all sorts of characters and personalities.
Some are nice and down to earth.
Others just make me wonder who they really are within.
Aren’t friends suppose to help each other out,
Rather than ingratiating with you if you are still of some use to him/her and throwing you aside when you are no longer needed?
It disgusts me to see how one can act like a retarded dog in front of someone,
Yet behaved like a pathetic jackass in front of another.

To be continued…

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 11:14 PM



4Comments

Post a Comment

Index