Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm such an insensitive fool sometimes...

Have you ever said things to people then regret immediately?
I may feel frustrated, I may feel tired after a long day at work.
Customers may be unreasonable and may have said things that pissed me off but that doesn't give me any reason to allow my emotions affect people around me.
Everytime I said something I didn't mean to,
no matter how minor it was,
I'll feel bad for days on end.
Here's what happened...
The crowd was crazy.
It doesn't seem to end and we don't have sufficient staffs.
We have to work really fast.
I was working on one end and she on the other.
Working as fast as i could but seeing her move somewhat leisurely frustrates me.
There's one time where she just stood there with a Sub in front of her,
while there are 2 Subs are toasting in oven.
Instead saving time and start working on the Sub in front of her,
she simply stood there, not moving.
Without thinking,
i asked her, "Why aren't you working on the salad?"
The moment it came out of my mouth,
I regretted it.
No matter how nicely i said it,
I still feel like hitting myself for being so insensitive.
Who am i to question her?
Yes, it may be busy but everyone has their own speed and way of working.
Sometimes i wish i can turn back time and think before i speak.
I'll have to try to watch my speech more carefully.
I want to appologize to her but the next time i work would be 1 month later.
I guess the appology will come 1 month late.
Better late than never...

Posted by Belinda + Zee at 11:52 AM



3Comments

Post a Comment

Index